BookOverTV

Books Over TV

I love to acquire, hoard, stack, shelve, smell, read and share books. I review books. I stare at books. You get it, right?

tsbtaurus@gmail.com

Lady Drusilla's Road to Ruin (Harlequin Historical)

Lady Drusilla's Road to Ruin - Christine Merrill This story is about Drucilla Rudney. A spinster, at the age of three and twenty, who has been given the nickname of Silly and who unfortunately has inherited the burden of looking after her impulsive spoiled younger sister Priscilla. As the story progresses the reader soon finds that the nickname off Silly was bestowed upon the wrong sister. The story starts with Dru sneaking out of her house in search of her sister who has run off to Gretna Green with a dancing master by the name of Gervaise. In the search she stumbles upon a Mr. John Hendricks who is licking his own wounds from a previous employment. Dru acquires Mr. Hendricks assistance in helping her locate her marriage bound sister in haste. He accepts and the voyage, entertainment, folly and falling begin.I liked Drusilla. She is independent, tenacious and level headed. She wasn't appreciated by anyone and truly didn't realize what her capabilities were or her beauty. Her duty and forethought was always to and for her sister and fathers demands. John was a good fellow who has a penchant for falling in love with women above his station. Priscilla and the Duke of Brenbrige are both awful, indulgent and self absorbed people who aren't worth speaking. John nor his friends the Folbrokes liked Pruscilla as Emily stated, "And though she is pretty enough, Priscilla Rudney is a cloth-brained goose." As for the Duke of Benbridge, Lord Folbroke said, "the man is a miserable old sinner, with a heart like a flint."This was a fun romantic read with much entertainment and funny banter. It is a solid story with a bit of steamy romance, wooing, and seeing change in characters who'd grown weary of staying in ones place instead of finding where one belongs.I recommend this to all, not just romance lovers. It is a solid entertaining read. Thank you to Netgalley and Harlequin Historical for giving me the opportunity to read and review this ebook.