BookOverTV

Books Over TV

I love to acquire, hoard, stack, shelve, smell, read and share books. I review books. I stare at books. You get it, right?

tsbtaurus@gmail.com

Always in My Heart (Kimani Romance)

Always in My Heart - Kayla Perrin This book had quite a bit going on in it. A missing mom, abandoned kids, sibling rivalry, aunt's funeral, stalker husband, car accident, long lost love and a runaway pregnant young woman. It was an interesting read. Although, I wasn't impressed and the storyline didn't pull me in. The pacing was okay but with so much going on I felt like I never got into the meat and potatoes of the story. The romance revolves around Callie and Nigel. They were once mad about one another but are now coming together for the sake of their son. The feelings are there and are stronger than ever but Nigel isn't eager to acknowledge them because of Callie's desertion years before. Callie has many unresolved issues of her own with the first being the abandonment by her mother of her and her two sisters. Always in My Heart is part of "The Harts in Love" series. And perhaps because of this, the story ended incomplete without the reader knowing what has happened to Callie's mother and the reasons behind why she left the girls with her sister Jean all those years ago. I was a bit disappointed by this. All in all it was a good story and I enjoyed watching Nigel and Kwame bond as father and son and both of them delighting in it.I would like to thank Netgalley and Harlequin (Kimani Romance) for the opportunity to read and review this book.