BookOverTV

Books Over TV

I love to acquire, hoard, stack, shelve, smell, read and share books. I review books. I stare at books. You get it, right?

tsbtaurus@gmail.com

Beyond Freedom: Disrupting the History of Emancipation (UnCivil Wars Ser.)
Justin Behrend, Professor Richard Newman, Carole Emberton, Kate Masur, Hannah Rosen, Thavolia Glymph, Stephen Berry, Brenda E. Stevenson, Chandra Manning, Susan Eva O'Donovan, Jim Downs, Amy Taylor, James Oakes, Greg Downs, Eric Foner, Eric Foner, David W. Blight
A Tangled Web: Mata Hari: Dancer, Courtesan, Spy
Mary W. Craig
Challenge Participant Professional Reader 100 Book Reviews2016 NetGalley Challenge Frequently Auto-Approved

Reading progress update: I've read 42%.

Kindred: A Graphic Novel Adaptation - Damian Duffy, John Jennings, Octavia E. Butler

I love Kindred by Octavia Butler. I chose it for World Book Day, when the U. S.  was participating, and everyone that I followed up with enjoyed it. So, when I heard that there was going to be a graphic novel of the book I was very hesitant to give it a try. I saw pics of the drawing on Instagram and wasn't impressed. Just like movie adaptations, I didn't want the graphic novel to taint my love and disappoint.

To my surprise, I'm really enjoying it! I have a few issues, but so far so good. I thought reading it would be a nuisance on a Kindle, but it working out great on my Fire 8.