BookOverTV

Books Over TV

I love to acquire, hoard, stack, shelve, smell, read and share books. I review books. I stare at books. You get it, right?

tsbtaurus@gmail.com

Beyond Freedom: Disrupting the History of Emancipation (UnCivil Wars Ser.)
Justin Behrend, Professor Richard Newman, Carole Emberton, Kate Masur, Hannah Rosen, Thavolia Glymph, Stephen Berry, Brenda E. Stevenson, Chandra Manning, Susan Eva O'Donovan, Jim Downs, Amy Taylor, James Oakes, Greg Downs, Eric Foner, Eric Foner, David W. Blight
A Tangled Web: Mata Hari: Dancer, Courtesan, Spy
Mary W. Craig
Challenge Participant Professional Reader 100 Book Reviews2016 NetGalley Challenge Frequently Auto-Approved

February Wrap Up

Forged in Desire (The Protectors) - Brenda Jackson House of Silence - Sarah Barthel Pachinko - Min Jin Lee

I only read three books in the month of February. I had such great ambitions to get through my tbr. February I participated in the hashtag #readsoullit started by Dee @browngirlreading on Youtube, Twitter and Instagram. I didn't participate in the challenge, but did post books by black authors for the 28 days on Instagram and Twitter. It was great fun and I loved seeing all the post from the participants.

Also, I continued with my goal of downsizing my life. In January I donated over 200 books to The Book Den, culled my kitchen and bathroom cabinets, removed unwanted and unworn clothes and shoes from my closet. Now in March I will research and find proper homes for all these goods. Also, In February I downsized my planner and craft collections. Whew! That was a task to go through everything and then reorganize. I feel lighter and brighter.

Now for the books I read. I gave Pachinko 4.5 stars. I deducted half a star because of the ending. Forged In Desire is really a 2.5 star read. It's the first book in a new series that I will not continue. Some books may have a new story but the pattern (can't think of correct word) is always the same. I can't anymore. House of Silence is a book I started in January, but didn't finish. Well, I actually put it down because I lost interest. I gave it 3 stars.

I hope that I can stay on track in March and catch up on some of the books I didn't complete this month.