BookOverTV

Books Over TV

I love to acquire, hoard, stack, shelve, smell, read and share books. I review books. I stare at books. You get it, right?

tsbtaurus@gmail.com

Beyond Freedom: Disrupting the History of Emancipation (UnCivil Wars Ser.)
Justin Behrend, Professor Richard Newman, Carole Emberton, Kate Masur, Hannah Rosen, Thavolia Glymph, Stephen Berry, Brenda E. Stevenson, Chandra Manning, Susan Eva O'Donovan, Jim Downs, Amy Taylor, James Oakes, Greg Downs, Eric Foner, Eric Foner, David W. Blight
A Tangled Web: Mata Hari: Dancer, Courtesan, Spy
Mary W. Craig
Challenge Participant Professional Reader 100 Book Reviews2016 NetGalley Challenge Frequently Auto-Approved

Green with ENVY

— feeling big smile
Copycat - Kimberla Lawson Roby

Kimberla Lawson Roby never disappoints. She is one of my favorite authors and her novels are auto-buys for me. I always get excited when I receive notification that she has a new book release. I know I'm in for a good read. Why do I love her writing? Mrs. Roby knows how to engage the reader. She knows her way around developing a good plot and characters you either love deep or hate immensely. However, let me stop gushing and explain a bit about Copycat.

First I'll just start by saying Simone is a scary character, but very relevant. With social media and all the show and without tell we've become a society of envy and resentment. It's not ideal to just see the good in people and dismiss their bad/strange behavior. I wanted more character development. That would've entailed a longer book. However, Copycat was an entertaining page-turner. I read it in one sitting. This book will elicit lots of discussion. At what point does too much admiration and idolization become unhealthy?

I'd like to thank Netgalley and Grand Central Publishing for the opportunity to read and review Copycat.