BookOverTV

Books Over TV

I love to acquire, hoard, stack, shelve, smell, read and share books. I review books. I stare at books. You get it, right?

tsbtaurus@gmail.com

Beyond Freedom: Disrupting the History of Emancipation (UnCivil Wars Ser.)
Justin Behrend, Professor Richard Newman, Carole Emberton, Kate Masur, Hannah Rosen, Thavolia Glymph, Stephen Berry, Brenda E. Stevenson, Chandra Manning, Susan Eva O'Donovan, Jim Downs, Amy Taylor, James Oakes, Greg Downs, Eric Foner, Eric Foner, David W. Blight
A Tangled Web: Mata Hari: Dancer, Courtesan, Spy
Mary W. Craig
Challenge Participant Professional Reader 100 Book Reviews2016 NetGalley Challenge Frequently Auto-Approved

I loved it

— feeling amazing
Breathless - Beverly Jenkins

Always love learning about the history of the period. Suffragette movement, Geronimo escape and the black experience.

Beverly Jenkins is one of my favorite Black historical romance writers. She not only shares black history, but familial relations and love. I've read more than seven of her large catalogue of books, mainly her historical romance.

In Breathless we revisit characters that I'd fallen in love with. Rhine and Eddy's love in Forbidden was enduring. I'm waiting for my Rhine. After learning about Eddie's sister's neglect of her nieces I was concerned and couldn't wait to revisit them. Breathless is Portia's story.

Portia is determined, strong, smart and a bit afraid of men (due to her past with her mother). From the very beginning of Kent's arrival I knew He'd have his work cut out for him. In Breathless Ms. Beverly shows that people can mature and grow and I appreciated that. I Just can't get enough about the town, people and the conflicts they encounter.

All in all Breathless was a 4 star read for me. A book I will revisit and share with other historical romance lovers and even with the romance naysayers.

Thank you to Edelweiss and Avon for the opportunity to read and review Breathless.