BookOverTV

Books Over TV

I love to acquire, hoard, stack, shelve, smell, read and share books. I review books. I stare at books. You get it, right?

tsbtaurus@gmail.com

Beyond Freedom: Disrupting the History of Emancipation (UnCivil Wars Ser.)
Justin Behrend, Professor Richard Newman, Carole Emberton, Kate Masur, Hannah Rosen, Thavolia Glymph, Stephen Berry, Brenda E. Stevenson, Chandra Manning, Susan Eva O'Donovan, Jim Downs, Amy Taylor, James Oakes, Greg Downs, Eric Foner, Eric Foner, David W. Blight
A Tangled Web: Mata Hari: Dancer, Courtesan, Spy
Mary W. Craig
Challenge Participant Professional Reader 100 Book Reviews2016 NetGalley Challenge Frequently Auto-Approved

April Wrap-up

Jane Steele  - Lyndsay Faye The Book of Harlan - Bernice L. McFadden Glory over Everything: Beyond The Kitchen House - Kathleen Grissom The Liszts - Kyo Maclear, Julia Sarda A Will and A Way - Claudia Harbaugh Narrative of My Escape from Slavery - Thomas Price, Moses Roper

I had a solid reading month. I had one 5 star read, three 4 star reads and one 3 star read. My favorite book of the month should come as no surprise with it being The Book of Harlan. I highly recommend and wish I could supply everyone with a copy. There's just so much in this one book. It doesn't disappoint.

I thoroughly enjoyed Jane Steele and Glory Over EverythingThese two were highly anticipated and were entertaining reads. I thought about Jane (from Jane Steele) and Jamie ( from GOE) long after I was done with their stories.

In the 12th hour I decided to throw in some quick reads. All three were good. The Liszts pictures are so lovely and detailed. Even on my kindle I could tell they would be absolutely gorgeous in print. A Will and A Way was a quick and entertaining historical romance. And last I read the gut wrenching, hard hitting, detailed to a fault, Narrative of My Escape from Slavery. This book is in your face without pause or kindness. The bandaid is ripped of without the wound ever being healed.