BookOverTV

Books Over TV

I love to acquire, hoard, stack, shelve, smell, read and share books. I review books. I stare at books. You get it, right?

tsbtaurus@gmail.com

Beyond Freedom: Disrupting the History of Emancipation (UnCivil Wars Ser.)
Justin Behrend, Professor Richard Newman, Carole Emberton, Kate Masur, Hannah Rosen, Thavolia Glymph, Stephen Berry, Brenda E. Stevenson, Chandra Manning, Susan Eva O'Donovan, Jim Downs, Amy Taylor, James Oakes, Greg Downs, Eric Foner, Eric Foner, David W. Blight
A Tangled Web: Mata Hari: Dancer, Courtesan, Spy
Mary W. Craig
Challenge Participant Professional Reader 100 Book Reviews2016 NetGalley Challenge Frequently Auto-Approved

Books I Want to Read in April

The Book of Harlan - Bernice L. McFadden Glory over Everything: Beyond The Kitchen House - Kathleen Grissom The Girl from The Savoy: A Novel - Hazel Gaynor The Two-Family House: A Novel - Lynda Cohen Loigman The Winemakers: A Novel of Wine and Secrets - Jan Moran The Tsarina's Legacy: A Novel - Jennifer Laam

I only read two books from my March Maybe post. Both were 4 star reads. March was a very busy month as I decided to start a massive Spring Cleaning in the midst of helping my parents with some personal things.

I am elated that I have gone through clothes, books, closets, shoes, purses and kitchen ware and have purged away the clutter. Once I start something, any project, it completely takes over my life. I still have the daunting task of stove/oven cleaning and the dreaded TAXES.

I am determined to stay focused and deliver on this goal of 6 books. They all seem right up my alley and engaging. If a book is dragging I will move on and not waste precious time lagging on it. Most times, I've realized, it is just bad timing. I wasn't in the mood to read the book at that time.