BookOverTV

Books Over TV

I love to acquire, hoard, stack, shelve, smell, read and share books. I review books. I stare at books. You get it, right?

tsbtaurus@gmail.com

The Diplomat's Daughter: A Novel
Karin Tanabe
Where the Light Falls: A Novel of the French Revolution
Owen Pataki, Allison Pataki
Progress: 39 %
Challenge Participant Professional Reader 100 Book Reviews2016 NetGalley Challenge Frequently Auto-Approved

Most Memorable Reads of 2015

The Secret Lives of Baba Segi's Wives - Lola Shoneyin Redeeming Love - Francine Rivers A Lover's Vow - Brenda Jackson China Rich Girlfriend: A Novel - Kevin Kwan In Good Company - Jen Turano The Wrath and the Dawn - Renee Ahdieh The Milliner's Secret: An epic and heart-wrenching love story set in wartime Paris - Natalie Meg Evans Best Friends Forever - Kimberla Lawson Roby Luxe - Ashley Antoinette Snell The Lost Heiress (Ladies of the Manor) - Roseanna M. White

I read a little over 50 books in 2015. It was the worst reading year for me. I believe that's due to reading pretty much exclusively on my kindle, undue pressure placed on myself, choosing too many fluffy reads and watching too much You Tube.

This year I've started with a bang. I'm currently finishing An Untamed State by Roxane Gay. I will be participating in the hashtag #readmyowndamnbooks on Instagram started by Andi at EstellasRevenge on Twitter and YT. Physical books motivate me and push me in ways a kindle can't. I like marking the pages with page flags every 50 pages to keep me going and I like the feel of a book in my hands. I just need to remember to diversify my reading material and genres.

I'm planning on a better 2016 with knowing what changes are needed to make it happen!