BookOverTV

Books Over TV

I love to acquire, hoard, stack, shelve, smell, read and share books. I review books. I stare at books. You get it, right?

tsbtaurus@gmail.com

Beyond Freedom: Disrupting the History of Emancipation (UnCivil Wars Ser.)
Justin Behrend, Professor Richard Newman, Carole Emberton, Kate Masur, Hannah Rosen, Thavolia Glymph, Stephen Berry, Brenda E. Stevenson, Chandra Manning, Susan Eva O'Donovan, Jim Downs, Amy Taylor, James Oakes, Greg Downs, Eric Foner, Eric Foner, David W. Blight
A Tangled Web: Mata Hari: Dancer, Courtesan, Spy
Mary W. Craig
Challenge Participant Professional Reader 100 Book Reviews2016 NetGalley Challenge Frequently Auto-Approved

Wowzers!

The Wrath and the Dawn - Renee Ahdieh

"For nothing, not the sun, not the rain, not even the brightest star in the darkest sky, could begin to compare to the wonder of you." This book....

I loved it. I knocked of half a star because I stayed up all night, read as fast as possible to get to the end only to fall of a steep cliff called quick ending with a dose of disappointment. You know when you have to go back 5-10 pages to see if you missed something?   Trilogies/Series are the worst!

Will I immediately pre-order the next book in the trilogy when it's listed....YES!

The hype is real. Diversity in characters, sultry romance with lots of tension and a fearless heroine made a great read. You can't forget to mention the side characters who were just as memorable and fun.

Just go read it, but if you detest romance and just like true fantasy, this book may not be for you.