BookOverTV

Books Over TV

I love to acquire, hoard, stack, shelve, smell, read and share books. I review books. I stare at books. You get it, right?

tsbtaurus@gmail.com

Sweet Temptation (Sweet Evil)
Wendy Higgins
Progress: 170/496 pages
The Orphan's Tale
Pam Jenoff
Progress: 8 %
Rumors
A.C. Arthur
Challenge Participant Professional Reader 100 Book Reviews2016 NetGalley Challenge

Expected More

The Little Paris Bookshop: A Novel - Nina George, Simon Pare

Unfortunately, I did not meet my goal of finishing The Little Paris Bookshop Tuesday night. I utilized my Kindle Fire's read-to-me function at 1.5 speed for the remaining 26%. To be honest I should've done it sooner. I'm realizing that books that lose my interest are far better when read to me than me reading them.

I was expecting more from this read. Sure it was great to travel with Perdu, Max and friends but when the build up for the ending is so anticipated and the answers or results are flat, it leaves a bitter taste. I wanted more about Max's love, Manon, her daughter Victoria and more depth to Perdu's reaction to it all. What can I say? I'm just the reader not the writer.

TLPB had it's moments and I have quite a few highlights on my Kindle. It took me away to places of beauty in scenery and in love. And for this I give it 3 stars.